Sunday, July 20, 2014

pregnant chicks have all the fun

weeks 15 & 16
astoria, ny

May 27:  Photos of my Memorial Day cravings.  Pregnant and  patriotic:




May 28:  A lot of foods are still revolting to me.  The one thing I can always eat is an avocado sushi roll with extra ginger.  I have one every day for about three weeks and sometimes twice.


May 29:  Eating like a pro athlete.  Or feeding one...
(At 5:00 AM)  "Wake up, I need three to five hundred calories!" she says.
(At 8:00 AM)  "It's time for second breakfast!," the apple- sized linebacker says.
Seriously fetus?  I don't care if you decide to be a linebacker, but I would prefer not to be the size one one when this is all over...
Yes, we can have nachos for dinner.  Again.


 

May 30:  I celebrate my 40th birthday.  I admit it, I try to compensate for my age and pregnancy by wearing a black mini dress.  It looked adorable on Tuesday, but by Friday my boobs had grown a full cup size and refused to be contained in the LBD.  All moo moos for the rest of the summer...

May 31:  Someone offers me his seat on the subway and I immediately think, "How does he know???"   Because it's easier to believe a New Yorker can smell my pheromones than is just being nice.

June 1:  16 weeks.  She is an avocado.  And I can't stop eating them.

cape may, nj

June 2:  She's moving!  Or is that gas...?

June 3:  I start rehearsal for Moon Over Buffalo.  When I announce to the group that I am pregnant, one if the interns says, "Oh, I couldn't tell at all.  I just thought, 'man, she has great legs, and great boobs!'"
Aw, pregnant chicks have all the fun...

June 4:  She's moving!  Or is that gas...?


June 5:  I fart audibly during my scene with my new friend Brian.  He doesn't notice, because my voice is loud enough to cover, but I cannot remember my next line because I immediately start cataloguing all the quiet moments of our play, so I know when to clench.


June 6:  On this warm Friday, the thought of sauvignon blanc drifts through my mind and I do not feel sick.  I must be getting better...


June 7:  I wake up at 4:00 in the morning because the fetus is hungry.  I do not want to get out of bed, but she will not be ignored...  She's basically putting me through training.

a few more texts between sheffield and me:


 


(one can almost hear Sheffield sighing at the end of this exchange)


4 comments:

  1. Cataloguing Moments to Clench. I think that's chapter 24 of An Actor Prepares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nathan. I got an B in college, but I'd ace that chapter now.

      Delete
  2. Everything that you write makes me laugh. Everything. Every. Thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amy. Humor. Often, I think it's all we got.

    ReplyDelete